Welcome to the guide for your English Composition course. This guide reviews what we discussed in class and will help you to locate and use the sources you'll need for your composition papers.
Click on the tabs to get more information on finding and using different types of resources. Don't forget to take a look at the Tips which may help you make better use of particular resources.
Remember that I'm always available to help so don't hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance.
Here is a summary of the critical items we discussed during your library session:
- Choosing a topic and refining it -- narrowing or broadening your scope
- Locating books - keywords vs subject headings
- Finding articles -- choosing the right database
- Database search strategies
- Peer reviewed vs popular
- Getting the information
- Keeping track of your research
- Citation and Plagiarism