10 Things You Should Know About Kemp Library!
- The library web page is the gateway to library resources & services.
- Your library card is your University e-card.
- You can borrow laptops -- PCs & MacBooks -- and IPads for use in the library.
- There are folks at the library to help you. They're called librarians - seek them out!
- We have 2 computer labs that are available most hours the library is open.
- There is a Writing Center to help you become a better writer --- go talk to them!
- The library is open 7 days a week during the regular semester.
- We have a Curriculum Materials Center for students studying to become teachers.
- We have lots of space for studying and working.
- We have a cafe.
Library Quick Links
Welcome to Kemp Library. This Guide will give you some of the basics about using the library. From what you can find and do at Kemp Library to how to get help when you need it ---- you'll find all of that information in this guide.
Have more questions:
- Contact the reference desk at 570-422-3594 and talk to a librarian
- Stop in and see us. The reference desk is right in front of you as you enter the building. If no one is at the desk, there should be someone at the Circulation Desk on your left.
- Chat with us. The Chat button on the library's web page links you to a librarian. When it says ""chat with us" there's a librarian avaialable so go ahead and initiate that chat session.
Your University issued ID card is your library card. The barcode number on the reverse side is your borrower ID. ESU alumni, Friends of the Library, and full time Monroe County educators are eligible to receive courtesy cards, issued by the Access Services Department. Certain materials may only be signed out by ESU students, staff and faculty. These include, but may not be limited to reserve materials and laptops.
You must have your ID card to borrow materials, including reserve items and laptops. Reserve materials and laptops may only be signed out to ESU students, staff and faculty.
All items taken out with your ID card are the responsibility of the cardholder. If your card is lost or stolen, please notify the Circulation Desk as soon as possible so that the card can be blocked from use.
The library reserves the right to suspend the borrowing privileges of anyone abusing library policies and privileges.
Questions or comments concerning the lending policies of Kemp Library should be directed to the Circulation Desk, at (570) 422-3126.
Kemp Library Hours
Library hours are posted on the main library web page.
Any exceptions to the hours will be posted on the door of the library and we will try to get those changes on the library web page ASAP.